Skip to Content


The Central Registrar's Office is located in the Central Office, 2910 State Route 9, Valatie, NY 12184. Registration hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm. Summer hours are in effect June 25 through August 31, 2018 and are as follows: 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.

The Central Registrar's Office handles:

  • Registration for all new students
  • Change of address for current students and
  • Registration for students living in the District and attending private school

Please call 518-758-7575, ext. 3009 for more information or to schedule an appointment.

Registering a New Student

Parent/Guardian: You will need the following to register your child to attend school in the Ichabod Crane Central School District:

  • Immunization record
  • Original Birth Certificate with raised seal or Passport
  • School Records (IEP/504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable)
  • Court orders, decrees, custodial agreements (if applicable)
  • If foster placement, Dept. of Social Services Form 2999
  • Registration forms with parent/guardian signature
  • Proof of Residency (one document from Group A or two documents from Group B). Each document must be current - dated within 60 days of registration - and issued in the name of the student’s custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
    • Group A: New Resident - Home purchase agreement or contract to build (subject to tuition per Board of Education policy), Executed (signed and notarized) Lease/Rental Agreement, Paid Tax Bill, or Home Mortgage Contract
    • Group B: Homeowner’s Insurance Policy, Utility bill (electric, gas, or water), Cable/satellite bill, Telephone bill (land-line only)
  • Affidavit of Residency filled out and notarized (only applies if parent resides in a dwelling they do not lease or own) - form is a "fillable" form
  • Affidavit of Residency_Spanish
  • Registration Packet- packet has "fillable" forms
  • Spanish Registration Packet


Change of Address

Address changes, even for students who move to a new location within the district, must be handled through the Central Registrar's Office. Please call the office at 518-758-7575, ext. 3009 to schedule an appointment. Please do not call the transportation department. All change of address information must be coordinated through the Central Registrar's Office.

Private School Students

When a student who is an Ichabod Crane (Kinderhook) School District resident is enrolled into a private school, it is necessary that they register through the Central Registrar's Office. Private school students must be registered through the district in order to recieve transportation services. The district also provides payment for health services and books to private school students. Registration ensures us the information necessary to be fiscally accurate in providing those services. Please call the office at 518-758-7575, ext. 3009 to schedule an appointment.

Back to top