2018-2019 High School Riders of the Month
- Christopher Pelez (Topher), 9th Grade
- Topher has stepped up to show leadership in the classroom. On several occasions, he has gone out of his way to help other students in DDP/CAD with their drawings without being asked.
- Jair Gomez, 9th Grade
- A kind student who is always ready to work hard in class. He is always well-behaved and polite to everyone. Participates in class and advocates for himself when he needs clarification. Very respectful towards teachers and peers.
- Justice Suafoa, 10th Grade
- In the first month of school, Justice has excelled with his work in Transportation Systems. He is enthusiastic in the class and shows a great desire to do his best.
- Alex Regan, 11th Grade
- Alex has gone above and beyond in Aerospace thus far this year. He built parts of his Bottle Rocket using his own 3D printer at home. This extra effort provided results as his rocket performed tops in his class. Alex is a great contributor in all of his classes. He is kind, positive and a great example of an Ichabod Crane Rider!
- Andrew Broderick, 11th Grade
- Andrew is a well-rounded student with the determination and the drive to excel in his studies. He is a member of the Newspaper Club, the ICSN Club and also the Varsity Club. Andrew is a model student and someone his peers can look at as a leader. Andrew is also a member of the Varsity track team.
- Keri Cammer, 12th Grade
- Keri was very concerned about how some of her fellow classmates were acting and expressed a strong feeling about how important it is to be polite to teachers and fellow students. Her willingness to speak up and gain the respect of her classmates and teachers shows what Rider Pride is all about.
- Owen Clickman, 12th Grade
- Owen has been taking a leadership role in his aerospace class. He has taken some 9th-grade students under his wing and is working with them in their transition to high school. The selfless nature of Owen’s actions thus far has been impressive, to say the least.
October/November 2018 (Due to a scheduled mix-up, October and November were combined)
- Alex Everett, 9th Grade
- After entering his Foundation of Technology class a week into school, Alex hit the ground running. He came into a group project and took the lead within his group. He has shown great enthusiasm for the class and future projects.
- Skyler Carey, 10th Grade
- Skyler is hard-working, compassionate, and helpful to both teachers and students. She is conscientious and positive. Her class participation is outstanding which is extremely helpful to other students who may be struggling.
- Laelani George, 10th Grade
- Laelani is a very hardworking student. She consistently completes quality work and has her work completed in a timely manner. Laelani is kind and polite to peers and adults. She is a pleasure to have in class.
- Kimberly Cruz, 10th Grade
- Kim is such a hard worker. She is always trying and makes sure all her assignments are turned in. Kim has done well asking for help when she needs it and utilizes her resources well to complete assignments for class.
- Sam Spross, 11th Grade
- Sam is reliable and works extremely hard. He stays on top of his assignments. Sam is polite and a pleasure to have in class. He is a quiet leader who sets a great example to others.
- Camryn Hebert, 11th Grade
- Camryn is a hard-working and dedicated student here at ICC and attends the Aviation program at Questar. Her extracurricular activities are impressive and include Class President (Class of 2020), GAC Assistant Treasurer, Ski Club President, a Youth Ministry member at St. James where she also volunteers every Sunday morning and manages to hold a part-time job in her free time. She is also a member of the varsity soccer team in the fall and varsity track in the spring. Camryn is always helpful to both her teachers and her peers.
- Lauryn Heffner, 12th Grade
- Lauryn is a hard-working and diligent student who plans on pursuing a degree in psychology in college. Her ultimate goal is a career in criminal psychology with law enforcement. Lauren is a member of the varsity soccer and softball teams, where she was an integral part of last year’s state championship team. She is also the secretary for GAC.
- Lucas Fores, 12th Grade
- Great student and works hard on all aspects of assignments. He dives into his work and enjoys learning new facts.
- Omari Norbrun, 9th Grade
“He always comes to class with a great attitude and is a very personable kid.”
- Samara Regan, 9th Grade
“An inquisitive young mind, very respectful, and a charming wit classify Samara. She’s a standout among her peers and is her own person. An excellent student, and an exceptionally friendly kid that was the first to help out a new student when she arrived here.”
- Gabriel Kelly, 10th Grade
“What can’t I say about Gabe? He’s a Renaissance man that does theater, takes AP and Honors classes, and is always smiling and promoting himself and the school in a positive way. He helps out his peers in class and out, and is about the nicest kid I know.”
- Lindsey Bartle, 10th Grade
“Another Renaissance kid, she’s an artist of incredible talent, involved in just about everything, and a modest, quiet leader in the classroom.”
- Alyssa Wills, 11th Grade
“Alyssa is inspirational. She conquered her fear of public speaking and volunteered to read the morning announcements – a job she has done very well. Alyssa ensures her work is done well and on time. She is a pleasure to have in class.”
- Shyanne Mabb, 11th Grade
“Shyanne is always on task in Study Hall, working on assignments diligently. She is also helpful to other students who are having difficulty with their homework. Shyanne is a very deserving Rider of the Month!”
- Kalista Kopec, 12th Grade
“In completing her community service project for PartiGov, Kalista went above and beyond. She worked with Ronald McDonald house to create a new part of their can tab collection, making a new program to use at local restaurants/ bars called Bars for Jars. She then created labeled jars and brought them to establishments, starting with Warren Street in Hudson, to collect said tabs and bottle caps. She hopes to work further with RMDH with this project in the future.”
- Mikayla Weaver, 12th Grade
“Mikayla is always ready to help out. She is very dedicated to her class. Mikayla is simply a great kid.”
- Elizabeth Spensieri: Libby is self-motivated, articulate and demonstrates strong leadership qualities. She is a fabulous role model for her peers. Libby is a talented writer and diligent worker. She is compassionate, and always willing to help those around her if they need it. Libby can be found helping teachers, students, working on extra credit, or creating her own stories. I am impressed with Libby’s sense of humor and positive energy! Libby is more than worthy of being this month’s Rider. Congratulations Libby!
- Mia Baker: We are pleased to announce Mia Baker as Rider of the Month! Mia is a kind and caring classmate. She is always willing to lend a hand to a peer in need and is also an excellent classroom helper. She is a positive role model and a kind, compassionate classmate. Mia is also a very hard-working student. Even when things are difficult, she always gives her best effort with a smile on her face! She approaches each day with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. It is exciting to watch her learn and grow as both a student and a person. Way to go, Mia! Keep up the great work!
- Leif Cardinal-Schmitt: Leif is a natural choice for Rider of the Month. He walks in the classroom with enthusiasm and is ready to learn. When working with his peers he is a leader, yet listens to all democratically, and with fairness. Leif is a diligent worker and is always happy to help out in our classroom. I am happy to recognize Leif as a Rider of the Month.
- Spencer Stickles: We are proud to announce our Rider of the Month is Spencer Stickles. Spencer is an all-around talented student. He strives for perfection in all that he does, glowing in the Triple-A: academics, artistically-talented, and athletic. (Not to mention that he excels in band also.) His outstanding character benefits all that know him, both students and teachers alike. “Stick” is always giving of his time and support to help our class community. Thanks, Spencer, for being a part of our class!
- Madilyn Witherell: Madilyn Witherell – Maddie has made a great transition to 6th grade – All because of her hard work. She always does her work well, on time, and like any conscientious student, asks questions when she needs some help. Maddie is also a supportive classmate and a helpful role model for her peers. Thank you Maddie, for being the best 6th grader you can be!
- Ronald Pinkowski: Team 7 recognizes Ron for consistently demonstrating excellent work habits. Ron tries his best on all of his work. He maintains a fantastic homework routine, showing others how much success comes from starting homework on the first night it is assigned, and not procrastinating. These skills, along with his positive attitude, make him a great student and peer!
- Gabriella Wendelken: Gabby has shown what a great ICC Rider she is all year. However, this was especially true after her time as a student teacher on student-teacher switch day, and continuing on after that. Gabby showed that she has the skills to be a great student and teacher by staying organized, prioritizing tasks, and planning ahead. She maintains these routines and supports her peers. This contributes to her success and the success of others!
- Ava Heffner: Ava is a kind, compassionate person. She is always helpful to her friends and teachers and will work with anyone. She is a good friend and doesn’t judge others. She is incredibly mature and cooperative. She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes is right and will defend and protect her peers from the hurtful comments of others. Ava takes her school work seriously and is willing to take on a leadership role in her classes. Ava is truly an asset to our team and to her school community.
- Caroline Small: Team 7/8 recognizes Caroline Small for January’s Rider of the Month. Caroline is an incredibly hard worker and a pleasure to have in class. She is very diligent with her studies and efforts in all of her classes. Her incredibly organized and well-scheduled study habits have paid off especially in Math, where Caroline earned the highest grade on our team for the midterm exam. Well done, Caroline! Keep up the hard work!
- Mirian Gomez: Team 8 is proud to announce that our Rider of the Month is Mirian Gomez. Mirian takes her school work very seriously and always puts in her best effort. She is extremely conscientious in her work and is an exemplary student. In addition, Mirian is a great role model for her peers. She is kind and polite to her classmates and teachers alike. We know that Mirian will go far in life and we can’t wait to see her succeed in the future. Congratulations Mirian!!!
- Ryan McGuirk: Team 8 is pleased to announce that our Rider of the Month is Ryan McGuirk. Ryan is one of the most consistently hard working students on our team. Ryan always has his work in on time and done well. We appreciate that Ryan can be paired with anyone because he is so easy-going and kind. Beneath his laid back exterior, we know that he has an acerbic wit and sly sense of humor that we enjoy! Congratulations Ryan!
- Reileigh Lasher: She is a great student and a great kid in every way. Reileigh is pleasant, always does what is asked, always hands in all of her work, and is an all-around fantastic student to have in class.
- Aaron Cruz: Aaron is a hard worker. He always does what is asked and is always respectful and polite to peers and adults. Aaron has a quick wit that is entertaining and appropriate, making class enjoyable.
- Joan Bortugno: Joan is very cooperative and attentive in class. She is helpful to other students, consistently has her work completed, and is a dream to have in class!
- Corbyn Riley: Corbyn is a very hard worker. His homework and classwork are always done with his best effort and without complaint. Corbyn is polite and kind to everyone. He is reliable and dependable. He is a true role model for his peers.
- Haydon Broockmann: Haydon is a pleasure to have in class. He is polite and kind to peers and adults. He consistently completes his classwork and homework. Haydon is a strong role model for his peers.
- Cameron Phippen: Cam has a fantastic sense of humor which makes each and every day better for those around her. She has high expectations of herself and a strong work ethic. She consistently completes high-quality work. She is a terrific student and great to have in class.
- Donovan Brown: Donovan is always pleasant, positive, and ready to give encouragement to his classmates. He is willing to grow academically, socially, and athletically. It has been a joy to watch the process.
- Nicole Pulcher: Nicole greets every day with a smile and is supportive of her classmates and teachers. She always has a fresh perspective and explains it in a way that is never confrontational. As she approaches graduation, she appears confident and ready to excel in whatever she chooses to do after high school.
- Thomas Cooper: Nice kid. Always does what he’s asked. Has a great sense of humor and a great attitude toward everything.
- Nikki Hilbert: Nikki is always eager to help someone. She is very kind, especially to those students who seem to be having a difficult time, and is an advocate for many. She takes her schoolwork seriously and is a pleasure to have in class.
- Allyson Casey: Allyson is a great student to have in class. She works hard, stays on top of her assignments and is always pleasant to her peers and teachers. She is an athlete, and successfully balances her time between schoolwork and practices.
- Sophia Dunn: Sophia is a very hard working and responsible student. If she cannot finish schoolwork to her satisfaction during class time, she stays after or comes in during her study hall. She strives for excellence in all her assignments.
- Rama Culver: Rama is a well-rounded, fantastic student. He has a laid back, thoughtful approach to life which serves as a strong role model for others in the classroom. Rama consistently completes all of his classwork and is willing to seek clarification should he need to do so. Rama is an absolute pleasure to have in class.
- Michael Vecellio: Michael represented Ichabod Crane at the NYS Conference All-State Music Festival this school year. He earned a level 6, 100% on his vocal solo last year and subsequently earned a level 6, 100% on his vocal solo again in April. He is a student who exemplifies what it means to work hard in order to achieve a goal. He not only demonstrates a high level of artistry on collegiate level music, but also exhibits responsibility, respect, and leadership within the school community.
- Anthony Carlucci: Anthony is a hard working student who is helpful to his teachers and peers. He is President of the Varsity Club, Captain of the Varsity Soccer team and a member of the outdoor track team. Anthony exudes Ichabod Crane spirit and is a supporter of his classmates.
- Tyler Halstead: Tyler is a pleasure to have in class. He has a great attitude and is willing to work hard. He is very helpful to others and not afraid to ask for help when he needs it. Tyler is willing to go the extra mile to reach his goals after graduation.