Health Services Department
Contact: Michelle Warner, RN – High School (Grades 9-12)
Jo-Ellen Estabrook-Pollack, RN – Middle School (Grades 4 -8)
Faith Kubow, RN – Primary School (Grades K-3)
School Physician Medical Board
Neal Baillargeon, MD (Chairman)
Stephen Krizar, MD
William Murphy, MD
Physical Health Forms
- NYS Health Exam/Physical Form
- Interval Health History Form (Required for Athletics)
- Dental Health Form
- Health Letter to Parents for 2018-19
- Health Letter to Parents for 2018-19 (Espanol)
- Concussion Management Protocol
- Coaches Concussion Checklist
- Post Concussion Return to Physical Education Class
- Seasonal Flu Guide
- Lyme Disease Prevention Information
Revisions to NYS School Health Service Regulations effective July 1, 2018
Health Exams and Screening Requirements
- Health examinations will be required for new entrants and in grades Pre-K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11
- Vision screening for color perception, distance, and near vision acuity will be required for new entrants within 6 months of admission to school
- Distance and near vision acuity will be required in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11
- Hearing screening utilizing pure tone testing will be required for new entrants within 6 months of admission to school and in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11
- Scoliosis screening will be required in grades 5 and 7 for girls and grade 9 for boys
- Changes for screening grades are not effective until 7/1/18 and will not be implemented until the 2018-2019 school year.
Students entering 6th grade will require *2 additional immunizations:
- *2nd dose of Varicella – A health care provider’s signed medical record indicating the student had varicella disease is acceptable proof of immunity.
Students who are entering 6th grade and who are 11 years of age or older must receive an immunization containing tetanus toxoids, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap).
Students who are 10 years old and entering 6th grade will not be required to receive the Tdap until they turn 11 years old. At that time they must provide documentation of a booster dose of Tdap or provide proof of an appointment for the booster dose within 14 days.
Students entering 7th & 12th grade:
- Students entering Grade 7 must have 1 dose of meningococcal vaccine. They will be required to get a booster at age 16.
Students entering Grade 12 must have either:
- 2 doses of meningococcal vaccine with the booster dose given on or after age 16
- 1 dose if your child’s first dose was given on or after age 16
Please call (518) 758-7676 ext., 5041, if you have any questions or concerns.