Along with our community partners, we are working on coordinating child care services, if needed, for essential workforce personnel critical to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response effort. This includes:
- Essential health care workers (physicians, nurses, physician assistants, nurse assistants or laboratory personnel and direct support professionals)
- First responders (paramedics, EMTs, police and firefighters)
Direct support professionals (clinicians and support staff for behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and child welfare communities in residential and community-based care settings)
- Food manufacturing workers (production, distribution and supply including supermarket workers and food preparation)
- Transportation workers (commercial truck drivers of necessary supplies and equipment, transit workers, air and rail and carriers of critical/essential materials)
- Construction and Manufacturing employees including specialized equipment related to health or safety of the public.
- Nonprofit and social service agencies providing support to families and employees in related fields.
We ask that you please only reach out to the contacts below if you meet the above criteria of an emergency responder or essential health care worker in the district. Given the nature of COVID-19 (a disease easily spread by sustained close proximity with others) and New York State’s recommendation that all citizens practice social distancing when possible, these are meant to be child care options for district parents/guardians working in these crucial fields who have no other options.
Parents/guardians living in the Ichabod Crane Central School District who qualify as emergency responders or essential health care employees should contact:
Child Care Connections of Family of Woodstock, Inc.
Offering service in Columbia, Greene & Ulster Counties, they work with families to find childcare programs.
Phone: (518) 822-1944 Fax: (518) 822-8233