Please review a few updates about the 2020-2021 school year and the district reopening plan that was shared on July 31.
- We thank everyone who emailed their follow-up questions about our district reopening plan submitted to New York State. Due to the number of questions we received in the past few days, we are unable to respond to each individual email. We’re currently working on an FAQ that will address many of your questions and this will be available soon. We will notify families once the FAQ is available.
- After reviewing our reopening plans, any family with concerns about their child returning to school for in-person learning should contact their building principal as soon as possible. Please do this no later than August 14. We will need this specific information to continue exploring possible options for families who prefer a full remote learning option.
- Please complete the Fall 2020 Transportation Survey for each child in your family by this Friday, August 7. This survey was emailed to all families on July 31 and greatly helps us plan for student transportation in the coming school year.
- To further address any questions, comments or concerns families may have about the individual school buildings there will be virtual building level Community Forums held next week. We will share the information to join these online forums once it is finalized. In the meanwhile, please save the dates and times for each:
- Primary School Forum: Wednesday (August 12), 5:00-7:00 PM
- Middle School Forum: Wednesday (August 12), 7:00-9:00 PM
- High School Forum: Thursday (August 13), 5:00-7:00 PM
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we await the final guidance from Governor Cuomo’s office about reopening schools.