At our May board of education meeting, we honored multiple individuals who have made innumerable positive contributions to the Ichabod Crane Central School District. We honored each of the following for their services to Ichabod Crane at the May meeting:
- Dr. Neil Baillergeon: Ichabod Crane’s School Physician since 1986, he is stepping down from the role at the end of the current school year. Dr. Baillergeon has been providing invaluable medical assistance and guidance in the district for 35 years. He has provided physicals for students, maturity testing for student-athletes and this year more than ever he was a source of great support as we reopened schools during the pandemic. While Dr. Baillergeon retired in January, he elected to stay on as the School Physician through the end of the 20-21 school year to support the district. While he and his dedication to Ichabod Crane will be missed next school year, we wish him all the best in his retirement.
- Matthew Nelson (BOE President) & Elaine Berlin (BOE Member): Per their website, “the New York State School Boards Association (NYSSBA) Recognition Program acknowledges the extensive time and effort required of school board members who continually strive to expand their knowledge and skills for better board governance.” The program is comprised of four levels that one can reach by accumulating points for participating in trainings, legal workshops, convention related events, retreats and more. Both Mr. Nelson and Ms. Berlin have reached Level 2 (150 hours) and Level 1 (75 hours), respectively. We congratulate both of them for receiving a Board Achievement Award under this program and thank them for the countless hours they devote every week to Ichabod.
Additionally, we thanked and honored the following board members who will be vacating their seats as the school year ends:
- John Antalek (BOE Vice President): Mr. Antalek first served on the board starting in 2009 and has since completed ten years of service to Ichabod Crane.
- Susan Ramos: Ms. Ramos started her service on the board in 2011 and 2021 marked her tenth year of service to Ichabod Crane.
- Ruth Moore: Ms. Moore was appointed to the board in October 2020 to fill an unexpectedly vacated seat. We truly appreciate her stepping into the role during a challenging school year and thank her for her time & service.