Please read the letter below from Superintendent Suzanne Guntlow regarding changes to the district’s COVID-19 protocols for 2021 Summer Session.
I hope your summer is off to a great start – and we are excited to have your children in our summer programs. I would like to take a moment to share some recent changes to our COVID-19 protocols for Summer 2021 students and staff. The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) has informed us that given the low rates of COVID transmission, school districts can implement some revised policies for summer sessions only if they choose to.
Here is what that means for Ichabod’s Summer 2021 students and staff:
- Inside School Buildings:
- Masks may be removed by vaccinated and unvaccinated staff and students once seated in the classroom in group or cohort settings.
- Masks must be worn by vaccinated and unvaccinated staff and students whenever moving inside of buildings.
- Vaccinated staff not in direct contact with students may choose not to wear a mask inside.
- Masks are to be worn on buses by both vaccinated and unvaccinated students and masks are not required to be worn outside on school property by either vaccinated or unvaccinated students and staff.
- Six-foot social distancing guidance will be continued wherever possible, along with other safety protocols including cleaning and disinfecting, etc.
- Daily health screenings for students and staff will continue.
Again, the above information only applies to our 2021 summer students and staff. To provide consistency across our region, these changes have been agreed upon by all school districts in Rensselaer, Columbia and Greene counties. We are still waiting for NYS reopening guidance for the start of the school year in September. Thank you for your ongoing patience, we will keep families updated as more school reopening guidance becomes available through the summer.
Superintendent of Schools