In our ongoing effort to give up-to-date information about the reopening of schools this fall, we will be centralizing updates on this page. Please check back regularly for the latest information.
As we proceed through these uncertain and quickly changing times, please know that the health and social-emotional well-being of our students and staff will remain our top priority. The 2020-2021 school year will require us all to collaborate and adapt as we go. As a school community, we will create a safe, effective learning environment for our students and we will get through this unprecedented time in history together.
COVID School Report Card (Added: September 14)
Click here for the link to the New York State COVID-19 School Report Card site. The district is required to make the link to this database publicly accessible for our families.
Jump To On This Page: Where to Send Questions | Reopening News | Reopening Plan for 20-21 | FAQs & Safety Protocols | Parent Resources Website for Hybrid & Remote Learning | Student Learning Devices & Internet Availability | Community Forums | Safety Resources |
Where to Send Your Questions
If you have questions about our school district reopening plans for our building administrators or specific district departments, please reach out to the appropriate contact below.
High School: Craig Shull (email@example.com or 518-758-7575 ext. 4002)
Middle School: Tim Farley/Anthony Marturano (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or 518-758-7575 ext. 5002/5007)
Primary School: Andrea Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-758-7575 ext. 6002)
Facilities: Steven Marotta (email@example.com or 518-758-7575 ext. 3501)
Transportation: Dan Doyle (firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-758-7575 ext. 3551)
Food Services: Todd DiGrigoli (email@example.com or 518-758-7575 ext. 3016)
Reopening News (Updated: September 25)
Click through below for the latest and past school reopening news updates.
- September 25, 2020 – VIDEO: “Signs of Stress & Trauma Parents Should Know About”
- September 18, 2020 – Colonial Council Decision on Fall 2020 Athletics & What It Means for Ichabod Crane
- September 15, 2020 – Group B Student Bus Routes Now Available
- September 14, 2020 – Parent Resources Website for Hybrid & Remote Learning
- September 11, 2020 – Group A Student Bus Routes Now Available
- September 11, 2020 – Full Remote Learning Primary Student Material Pick-Ups on Sept. 21-22
- September 2, 2020 – Important 2020-2021 Transportation Information
- September 1, 2020 – Learning Device Pick-Up Dates & Internet Assistance
- August 25, 2020 – Revised Reopening Schedule for September (Updated w/ Clarified Calendar & Detailed Reopening Breakdown (English & En Espanol)
- August 21, 2020 – Student Drop-Off/Pick-Up Times & Information for 2020-2021(Updated w/ Pick-Up Times)
Reopening Plan for 2020-2021 School Year
View the complete Ichabod Crane 2020-2021 School Year Reopening Plan here.
This document was submitted to New York State on July 31, 2020.
Highlighted Plan Components (Added: August 14)
Per Governor Cuomo’s directives on August 7, we are required to highlight three particular sections of our plan and ensure they are readily accessible. Those components are COVID-19 Testing, Contact Tracing and Remote Learning. These three components of our full Reopening Plan are below:
- Ichabod Crane Remote Learning Plan (Updated: September 1, 2020)
- Ichabod Crane COVID Testing Plan
- Ichabod Crane Contact Tracing Plan
Frequently Asked Questions & District Safety Protocols
Frequently Asked Questions (Updated: August 31)
View the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document. This is a live document and will be updated in real-time as needed.
District Safety Protocols
- Face Mask/Covering Protocols
- Social Distancing Protocols
- Protocol for Symptomatic/Positive COVID-19 Individual
New York State Travel Ban
We expect all Ichabod Crane families will take responsibility to protect the entire school community by reporting any travel to states on New York’s Restricted List to the Columbia County Department of Health. Links to the most recent information about the NYS Travel Advisory and an updated list of Restricted Travel States is here https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
District NY Forward Business Safety Plan
Each business or entity, including those that have been designated as essential under Empire State Development’s Essential Business Guidance, must develop a written Safety Plan outlining how its workplace will prevent the spread of COVID-19. It must be retained on the premises of the business and must be made available to the New York State Department of Health (DOH) or local health or safety authorities in the event of an inspection.
The Ichabod Crane School District New York State Forward Safety Reopening Plan is available here.
Parent Resources Website for Hybrid & Remote Learning (Added: September 14)
Check out our Parent Resources Website which has helpful information about many components of this year’s hybrid and remote learning plans. You’ll find detailed information about Chromebooks, Seesaw, Google Meet/Classroom and much more.
Student Learning Devices & Internet Assistance (Added: September 1)
Below are the slide presentations from the individual building level Community Forums.
- Primary School Forum: Wednesday (August 12)
- Middle School Forum: Wednesday (August 12)
- High School Forum: Thursday (August 13)
External Safety Resources for Families
Masks & Face Coverings
- VIDEO: How to Properly Put On & Take Off Face Masks (Added: September 1)
- Duke Study Confirms Which Masks Are Most Effective
- Encouraging Kids & Students To Wear Face Masks
- Be A Mask Hero
- Whys And Hows Of Face Masks