Please review the current Colonial Council Spectator Guidelines for school athletics during COVID-19. Their priority is keeping all student-athletes, coaches, staff and communities healthy, so all spectators must follow these guidelines. Of note in the May 2021 updates is that up to 500 spectators are now allowed at outdoor sporting events.
You can review them here or below and see the latest memo from the NYSPHSAA Executive Director here confirming the increase in spectators permitted at outdoor athletic events.
We ask that all spectators adhere to the following guidelines:
- Prior to leaving for an athletic event, we request that spectators self-screen at home. If a spectator shows signs or COVID or is running a temperature of 100 degrees or greater, then spectator(s) should stay home
- 500 spectators will be allowed at outdoor athletic events starting on May 10th
- Spectators will be asked to fill out the Colonial Council health attestation prior to entry into a contest for contact tracing purposes: http://bit.ly/colonialathletics
- Masks are required to be worn at all times by all spectators.
- Spectators are asked to bring their own chairs to outdoor contests to maintain social distance from spectators from other households
- Spectators will not interact with players, coaches or game personnel during the contest.
- DO NOT bring food to share with athletes (Example, halftime snacks)
- Spectators are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer and water to events
- Spectators will refrain from, to the extent possible, touching athletic supplies (soccer balls, volleyballs, tennis balls, etc)
The districts will…
- provide event personnel, such as chaperones, at athletic contests to assist spectators. If you have any questions or concerns please address the concerns with the chaperones first.
- provide restroom facilities at events.
- not be providing concessions at events.