The Board of Education is the official policy-making body of our school district. Nine members serve on the Board, without pay, and are elected to three-year terms. Board elections take place in May along with the annual school budget vote.
The Ichabod Crane Board of Education can be reached via email at email@example.com
Emails sent to the above address go to the Board Clerk for further distribution to Board members.
2021 Board of Education Election
On May 18, 2021, residents elected Jared Widjeskog, Jennifer Allard and Anne Schaefer to the Board of Education. Each seat on the board is for a 3-year term. The terms for Mr. Widjeskog and Ms. Allard begin on May 19, 2021, while Ms. Schaefer’s term begins on July 1, 2021.
Residents also approved a $43,878,924 budget for the 2021-2022 school year by a vote of 874 (yes) to 402 (no).
The Next Board of Education Meeting(s) Are:
Date: Tuesday, June 15 (Special Meeting)
- It is anticipated the Board will immediately adjourn to Executive Session.
Time: 7:00 PM
Place: The June 15 meeting will take place in the High School Distance Learning Room.
- Regular meetings will take place in the Primary School Auditorium. A limited number of socially distanced seats will be available, but members of the public are encouraged to attend via Zoom if possible to avoid a large number of people in an enclosed space.
Agenda: Check back closer to the meeting date.
Supporting Documents: Meeting posting for June 15, 2021
The Next Board of Education Committee Meetings Are:
Supporting Documents: Public Notice for Upcoming Committee Meetings
2020-2021 Board of Education Members
- Jennifer Allard (2024)
- John Antalek (2021), Vice President of the Board
- Elaine Berlin (2023)
- John Chandler (2023)
- Kelly Firmbach (2023)
- Matthew Nelson (2022), President of the Board
- Jeffrey Ouellette (2022)
- Elizabeth Phillips (2022)
- Jared Widjeskog (2024)
Student Board Representative(s)
The 2020-2021 Student Board Representative(s) are:
- Erin Curry
- Eric (Tismark) Boham (Alternate)
Board of Education Meeting Dates, 2020-2021*
*Please note dates are subject to change
View the full schedule of the 2020-2021 board meeting dates here. These dates were approved at the Annual Board Organizational Meeting on July 14, 2020.