Contact: Michael Brennan, District Business Manager
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 758-7575, Ext. 3009
2020-2021 School Year Budget
2020-2021 Budget Information and Materials Presented to the Board of Education
- Ichabod Crane 2020-2021 Budget Calendar (Presented to Board on December 9, 2019)
2019-2020 School Year Budget
On Tuesday, May 21, residents of the Ichabod Crane Central School District approved a $41,597,201 budget for the 2019-2020 school year by a vote of 787 (yes) to 477 (no).
Residents also approved a proposition to purchase five (5) additional school buses for the district at a cost of $475,665 by a vote of 817 (yes) to 445 (no).
This is a $1,406,419 (or 3.5%) increase from the 2018-2019 budget and the estimated tax levy increase is 2.70%, which meets the allowable tax levy limit set by New York State.
Budget Informational Materials Presented to the Board of Education
- 2019-2020 Budget Newsletter
- Mailed to District residents on May 8, 2019
- Final 2019-2020 Budget Presentation (Presented to the BOE on April 16, 2019)
- 2019-20 Revenue PowerPoint Presentation (Presented to the BOE on April 2, 2019)
- Smart Schools Investment Plan (Presented to the BOE on April 2, 2019)
- To be adopted at the public budget hearing scheduled for May 7, 2019
- “The Smart School Bond Act authorizes the issuance of $2 billion of general obligation bonds to finance improved educational technology and infrastructure to improve learning and opportunity for students throughout the State. The Office of Educational Design and Technology reviews SSIPs submitted by districts wishing to utilize Smart Schools funds for educational technology-related purchases.” – from the New York State Dept. of Education
- Five Year Instructional Technology Plan (Presented to the BOE on April 2, 2019)
- New York State School Aid, 2019-20 Enacted State Budget (Presented to the BOE on April 2, 2019)
- Revenue Status Report (Presented to the BOE on April 2, 2019)
- Instructional Proposal for 2019-2020 School Year (Presented to the BOE on March 5, 2019)
- 2019 Budget Workshop Documents (Discussed at BOE Workshop on February 26, 2019)
- Non-Instructional Proposal for 2019-2020 School Year (Presented to BOE on February 5, 2019)
- Staffing And Program Options for 2019-2020 School Year (Presented To BOE On January 22, 2019)
- 3-Year Informational Technology Plan (Presented to BOE on 1/22/2019)
- Academic Plan Outline For New 3 Year Technology Purchases (Presented to BOE on 1/22/2019)
- 2019-2020 Ichabod Crane Budget Calendar
- 2019-20 Rollover Budget Presentation (presented to BOE on 1/8/2019)
Past School Year Budgets
- 2018-19 Ichabod Crane School Year Budget
- 2017-18 Ichabod Crane School Year Budget
- 2016-17 Ichabod Crane School Year Budget
Voting for the Ichabod Crane School Budget
You are eligible to vote if you are a U.S. citizen, 18 years old or older and a resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the vote.
You must be registered before you are permitted to vote. You are already registered if you have:
-Voted in a school election within the last four (4) years
-Voted in a general election from the address in the District within the last four (4) years.
Individuals may register to vote with the District Clerk from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on school days at the office of the District Clerk in the Central Office of the School District. An individual must be registered at least five days preceding an election in order to vote in that election.
Absentee ballots are available to residents who will be out of town or unable to vote in person because of illness or disability. Applications for absentee ballots must be received at the office of the School District Clerk by 4:00 p.m. on May 14, 2019 if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or prior to 4:00 p.m. on May 20, 2019, if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter. Completed absentee ballots must be received by the School District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m., May 21, 2019.
Throughout the year, absentee applications must be received one week prior to an election if the ballot is to be mailed and by 4 p.m. the day before the vote if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter.
Please contact the District Clerk at MPotts@IchabodCrane.org or 758-7575, Ext. 3001 if you are unsure of your voting eligibility, to receive an absentee ballot application or if you have any voting questions.