Contact: Michael Brennan, District Business Manager
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 518-758-7575, Ext. 3009
2021-2022 School Year Budget
The Ichabod Crane 2021-2022 Budget Vote and Board of Education Election are scheduled for May 18, 2021.
This page is for 2021-2022 Budget Vote information, for more information about the 2021 Board of Education Election, visit our Board page here.
2021-22 Budget Newsletter
- See the Ichabod Crane 2021-22 Budget Newsletter
- Update (May 7, 2021): Please note there was an error in the calculations for the 2021-22 contingency budget on the School District Budget Notice on page 6 of the originally posted newsletter PDF. The linked PDF above now includes the revised Budget Notice. However, all of the proposed 2021-22 budget numbers, including the tax levy, are accurate as originally published. It’s important to note that the public is voting on the district’s proposed 2021-22 budget spending plan. In the event that the district was to enact a contingency budget, a final spending plan within the confines of New York State contingency budget regulations would be discussed and adopted by the Board of Education.
2021-22 General Fund Budget Document
- 2021-22 Ichabod Crane General Fund Budget
- Adopted by the Board on April 20, 2021
Presentations & Calendars
- 2021-2022 Budget Hearing Summary (Presented to the Board on May 4, 2021)
- 2021-2022 Budget Adoption Presentation (Presented to the Board on April 20, 2021)
- 2021-2022 Revenue Budget Presentation (Presented to the Board on April 13, 2021)
- 2021-22 Instructional Budget Presentation (Presented to the Board on March 2, 2021)
- 2021-22 Non-Instructional Budget Presentation (Presented to the Board on February 2, 2021)
- 2021-22 Rollover Budget Presentation (Presented to Board on January 12, 2021)
- 2021-22 Budget Development Presentation (Presented to Board on December 1, 2020)
- 2021-22 Budget Development Calendar (Presented to Board on December 1, 2020)
Voting for the Ichabod Crane School Budget
If contacting the district with voter registration or absentee ballot questions, please reach out to Mindy Potts (District Clerk) at 518-758-7575, Ext. 3001 or via email email@example.com
In-person voting takes place in the Ichabod Crane High School Gym on Tuesday, May 18, from 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Please bring a face mask if voting in-person.
You are eligible to vote if you are a U.S. citizen, 18 years old or older and a resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the vote.
You must be registered before you are permitted to vote. You are already registered if you have:
-Voted in a school election within the last four (4) years
-Voted in a general election from the address in the District within the last four (4) years.
Individuals may register to vote with the District Clerk from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on school days at the office of the District Clerk in the Central Office of the School District. An individual must be registered at least five days preceding an election in order to vote in that election.
Absentee Ballots & Military Absentee Ballots
In the interest of public safety due to the COVID-19 pandemic, absentee ballots are available to any registered voter in the district. This is in addition to residents who will be out of town or unable to vote in person because of illness or disability. Applications for absentee ballots are obtainable from the District Clerk at the Central Office (2910 U.S. 9 – Valatie, NY) between the hours of 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
The District Clerk must receive completed absentee ballot applications at least 7 days before the election (May 11) if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election (May 17) if the ballot is to be delivered personally to the voter. The District Clerk must receive completed absentee ballots no later than 5:00 PM, prevailing time, on May 18.
To request a Military Absentee Ballot, please directly contact the District Clerk at MPotts@IchabodCrane.org or 518-758-7575, Ext. 3001