Ichabod Crane Transportation Contact: Dan Doyle, Transportation Supervisor
Tami Barlow, Assistant Head Bus Driver
Phone: 518-758-7575, Ext. 3551 Fax: 518-758-1892 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Ichabod Crane School District
ATTN: Transportation Dept.
PO Box 820
Valatie, NY 12184
2020-2021 Transportation Information
It’s important to keep in mind that there will be alternating bus routes and student counts throughout the weekdays under our hybrid learning reopening plan. Our Transportation Department and building staff will be working hard to ensure the most consistent daily bus route schedules and parent drop-off/pick-up procedures.
This will be an unprecedented school year as we deal with many new procedures such as alternating groups of students in the buildings, multiple different bus schedules and many other factors to ensure health & safety for all. These factors mean there will be fluctuations and variations within all the outlined procedures below, but we will work through them together as a school community.
Bus Routes and Schedules
Find all the finalized routes and schedules on the 2020-2021 Bus Routes page.
Grade K-5, In-Person Students
In-person K-5 students will follow three slightly different bus schedules through the week to accommodate the alternating in-person learning days for the grade 6-12 students.
- Monday & Tuesday: Accommodates grade 6-12 Group A students attending school in-person on these days. All Group A Bus Routes are now available here on the 2020-2021 Bus Routes Page.
- Wednesday: Only K-5 students take the bus on Wednesday since they will be the only students attending school in-person that day. All Wednesday Bus Routes for K-5 students are now available here on the 2020-2021 Bus Routes page.
- Thursday & Friday: Accommodates grade 6-12 Group B students attending school in-person on these days. All Group B Bus Routes are now available here on the 2020-2021 Bus Routes Page.
Grade 6-12, Group A & Group B Students
- Group A Students (Monday & Tuesday): Group A Bus Routes are available on the 2020-2021 Bus Routes page.
- Group B Students (Thursday & Friday): Group B Bus Routes are available on the 2020-2021 Bus Routes page.
Step by Step: Riding the Bus in 20-21
We’ve created Step by Step: Riding the Bus in 20-21 to help give families an idea of the updated procedures for boarding and leaving the bus this school year. Because of the pandemic, things will look a little different to ensure our students and bus drivers stay safe.
Check out Step by Step: Riding the Bus in 20-21 here. On the list, you’ll also find a short video demo of the proper (and safe!) way students will exit the bus this year.
Download the Ride 360 APP & Register Your Student ASAP
Download the free Traversa Ride 360 App in your phone’s app store to get real-time bus arrival information during the school year.
We use Tyler Drive Technologies to accurately monitor our student ridership and the Ride 360 app gives you the most up-to-date information about bus arrivals in the morning and afternoon. Even if busses are running a little behind schedule you’ll know using Ride 360.
Students will receive new Bus ID cards on their first day of in-person learning and they will scan them every time they get on or off the bus.
Ride 360 Student Registration Steps
- Download Ride 360 from your phone’s app store
- Register your student on Ride 360 using their Student ID Number. K-3 families can contact either the Primary Main Office (518-758-7575) or the Transportation Dept. (518-758-7575, Ext. 3551) to register in Ride 360
- Once students are registered on Ride 360, you can see real-time updates for their bus arrival in the morning and bus drop-off in the afternoon. Call our Transportation Dept. at the number above if you have any questions.
Students with Two Permanent Bus Locations
Permanent Location Forms must be filled out and returned ONLY if there is a change from the 2019-2020 school year. This form is approved by the Ichabod Crane Board of Education and allows students transportation to 2 locations throughout the school year. Permanent Location Forms must be returned by August 21. The letter available in English and Spanish at the links below:
Each large bus will be equipped with a system for temperature screening this year. We are requiring parents to conduct a health check at home prior to boarding the bus and strongly encourage all students with any health symptoms to stay home from school. ALL students K-5 must have a parent or guardian at the bus stop until they pass the temperature screening and safely board the bus.
In order to keep students healthy and safe, we are encouraging parents to support the ICC Transportation plan by providing personal transportation to and from school when possible. We recently sent a Transportation Survey to all families to see who would be using district transportation this fall and gave an option to opt-out of it. Know that any family who chose to opt-out of transportation can contact the Transportation Department to resume district transportation.
All Permanent Location Forms must be returned to the Ichabod Crane Transportation Department. Forms received after August 21 may not go into effect until September 28.
If there are any questions please contact us at (518) 758-7575 ext.3501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Transportation Information
- Each student grades K-5 MUST have a parent/guardian present at the bus stop until the student has successfully boarded the bus.
- Students will be allowed ONLY 2 permanent bus locations.
- If there is any change from last year’s schedule or locations you will need a NEW Permanent Location Form.
- Please select the day(s) of the week for each permanent location.
- Days selected CANNOT vary from week to week.
- Two locations CANNOT be selected for the same time of day and same day of the week.
- If a student is unable to go to a scheduled address on a given day parents/guardians will be required to arrange transportation (ie. Pick up the student at school or pick up the student at the scheduled stop).
- Students will NOT be permitted to travel to ANY location not listed on their Permanent Location Form.
- ALL students will be required to wear a mask at ALL times while on the bus. While loading, unloading and seated.
- Students in grades K-3 will require permission to exit a school bus without an adult.
- Students cannot be dropped off at a business establishment
- Any changes will require a new Permanent Location form to be filed with the Transportation Department. Limit two per year.
Special Notes from the Transportation Department
- Please have your child waiting at the bus stop five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled bus pick-up time.
- For the first several days of the school year, you may experience delays. Certain bus routes may need to be adjusted during the first several weeks of the school year, and your patience is most appreciated. Please allow time for schedules to become more consistent.
- The Transportation Department establishes a regular morning and afternoon bus stops for eligible areas. Students should be picked up and dropped off at these stops. An increase in the number of stops increases the chance of a hazardous situation and decreases the efficiency of the bus route.
School Bus/Bus Stop Rules
- Please do not wait on porches or in garages where the driver cannot see the student. If waiting in a car, please get out and be ready to board as soon as you see the bus approaching.
- Skateboards and any other large objects are not allowed on the bus for obvious safety reasons. This does not include instruments; however, if your student is bringing an instrument on the bus, they may have to keep it in their lap as seating on the buses cannot be compromised.
- There is no eating or drinking on the bus. If a child is choking or has an allergic reaction that they are unaware of, this can cause a life-threatening situation.
- Absolutely no glass containers of any kind are allowed on the bus.
- Balloons of any type are not allowed on the bus. Toys are not allowed on the bus.
- If your child is bringing sports equipment, all equipment including balls must be kept in the sports bag.
- Students should always observe classroom behavior on the bus and should not stand up until the bus has come to a complete stop. Students should always keep their hands to themselves and please do not use inappropriate language on the bus.