¡Traduzca esta pagina!


Important Reminder About New Student Registration

Please reach out to Amy Kneller at the contact information below to schedule an appointment and scroll further down to see what you will need for new student registration.

Phone: 518-758-7575 ext. 3009 or

Email: akneller@ichabodcrane.org

The Central Registrar’s Office is located in the Central Office, 2910 State Route 9, Valatie, NY 12184. Registration hours are Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The Central Registrar’s Office handles:

  • Registration for all new students
  • Change of address for current students and
  • Registration for students living in the District and attending private school

Please call 518-758-7575, ext. 3009 for more information or to schedule an appointment.

NOTE: Summer hours are in effect June 26, 2023 – August 25, 2023 and are as follows: Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 8 to 11 a.m. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.

Registering a New Student

You will need the following to register in the District:

  • Immunization record
  • Original Birth Certificate with a raised seal or Passport
  • School Records (IEP/504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable)
  • Court orders, decrees, custodial agreements (if applicable)
  • If foster placement, Dept. of Social Services Form 2999
  • Registration forms with parent/guardian signature
  • Proof of Residency (one document from Group A or two documents from Group B). Each document must be current – dated within 60 days of registration – and issued in the name of the student’s custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
    • Group A: New Resident – Home purchase agreement or contract to build (subject to tuition per Board of Education policy), Executed (signed and notarized) Lease/Rental Agreement, Paid Tax Bill, or Home Mortgage Contract
    • Group B: Homeowner’s Insurance Policy, Utility bill (electric, gas, or water), Cable/satellite bill, Telephone bill (landline only), Paystub showing your address, Income tax form that shows your address, Voter registration card, Driver’s license (or permit, or non-driver ID), State or other government-issued ID, Documents from government agencies, Custody or guardianship papers
Registration Documents


Change of Address

Address changes, even for students who move to a new location within the district, must be handled through the Central Registrar’s Office. Please call the office at 518-758-7575, ext. 3009 to schedule an appointment. Please do not call the transportation department. All change of address information must be coordinated through the Central Registrar’s Office.

Private School Students

When an Ichabod Crane (Kinderhook) School District student is enrolled in a private school, they must register through the Central Registrar’s Office. Private school students must register through the district to receive transportation services. The District also provides payment for health services and books to private school students. Registration ensures information necessary to be fiscally accurate in providing those services. Please call the office at 518-758-7575, ext. 3009 to schedule an appointment.