Health Services Department
Health Services Announcements
(February 5, 2020) Below you can find a recent informational parent/guardian letter from the New York State Center for Health about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). It answers basic questions you may have about this new virus, including symptoms and prevention measures. Since the Coronavirus is still very new, information may be subject to change in the future.
(June 24, 2019) The letter below concerns recently enacted New York State legislation eliminating religious exemptions for vaccinations and it has been sent home to all Ichabod Crane Central School District parents and guardians. Please carefully review this information as this legislation is effective immediately.
Health Services Contacts: Michelle Warner, RN – High School (Grades 9-12)
Jo-Ellen Estabrook-Pollack, RN – Middle School (Grades 4 -8)
Faith Kubow, RN – Primary School (Grades K-3)
School Physician Medical Board
Neal Baillargeon, MD (Chairman)
Stephen Krizar, MD
William Murphy, MD
Physical Health Forms
- NYS Health Exam/Physical Form
- Interval Health History Form (Required for Athletics)
- Dental Health Form
- Concussion Management Protocol
- Coaches Concussion Checklist
- Post Concussion Return to Physical Education Class
- Seasonal Flu Guide
- Lyme Disease Prevention Information
Student Immunization Requirements
Important: On 6/13/19, NYS eliminated the religious exemption from vaccinations for school attendance. Information is available on the NYS Department of Health website at https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/schools/
Please call (518) 758-7676 ext., 5041, if you have any questions or concerns.
Revisions to NYS School Health Service Regulations effective July 1, 2018
Health Exams and Screening Requirements
- Health examinations will be required for new entrants and in grades Pre-K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11
- Vision screening for color perception, distance, and near vision acuity will be required for new entrants within 6 months of admission to school
- Distance and near vision acuity will be required in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11
- Hearing screening utilizing pure tone testing will be required for new entrants within 6 months of admission to school and in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11
- Scoliosis screening will be required in grades 5 and 7 for girls and grade 9 for boys
- Changes for screening grades are not effective until 7/1/18 and will not be implemented until the 2018-2019 school year.