Health Services Announcements
May 2021 – School Health Examinations in Light of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Effective May 11, 2021 students who are unable to obtain a health examination in the required grade have until September 1, 2021, to obtain the required health examination.
- Schools should communicate the revised timeframe to parents/guardians and encourage physicals to be completed and returned to school by September 1, 2021.
- Medical directors may choose to postpone completing health examinations until after December 31, 2021, for students who do not provide a health certificate for the 2021-2022 school year.
- For questions please contact the Office of Student Support Services if you have questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 518-486-6090.
October 2, 2020 – Flu Vaccine Notification
To comply with the New York State Public Health Law we are required to post the following notice from the New York Department of Health. This notice contains information about the influenza (flu) vaccine and the benefits of getting it this fall.
The notice is available in English and in Spanish:
September 3, 2020 – Authorization to Administer Medication Due Dates
Drop-off dates for medication and authorization to administer medication forms were September 2 & 3, 2020. If you missed these dates, please contact Michelle Warner at email@example.com or (518) 758-7575 ext: 4093
Health Services Contacts:
Michelle Warner, RN – High School (Grades 9-12)
Sara Altomer, RN – Middle School (Grades 4 -8)
Faith Kubow, RN – Primary School (Grades K-3)
School Physician Medical Board
Stephen Krizar, MD (chairperson)
William Murphy, MD
Physical Health Forms
- NYS Health Exam/Physical Form
- Interval Health History Form (Required for Athletics)
- Dental Health Form
- Concussion Management Protocol
- Coaches Concussion Checklist
- Post Concussion Return to Physical Education Class
- Seasonal Flu Guide
- Lyme Disease Prevention Information
Student Immunization Requirements
Important: On 6/13/19, NYS eliminated the religious exemption from vaccinations for school attendance. Information is available on the NYS Department of Health website at https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/schools/
Please call (518) 758-7676 ext., 5041, if you have any questions or concerns.
Revisions to NYS School Health Service Regulations effective July 1, 2018
Health Exams and Screening Requirements
- Health examinations will be required for new entrants and in grades Pre-K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11
- Vision screening for color perception, distance, and near vision acuity will be required for new entrants within 6 months of admission to school
- Distance and near vision acuity will be required in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11
- Hearing screening utilizing pure tone testing will be required for new entrants within 6 months of admission to school and in grades Pre K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11
- Scoliosis screening will be required in grades 5 and 7 for girls and grade 9 for boys
- Changes for screening grades are not effective until 7/1/18 and will not be implemented until the 2018-2019 school year.