Instructional Positions

Ichabod Crane utilizes the secure Internet-based Online Application System for Educators (OLAS) to post teaching position openings and to accept applications and resumes. Additional credentials will be requested from the applicant upon approval for an initial interview.

No open positions at this time. 

Non-Instructional Positions


Freelance Writer

Ichabod Crane Central School District is in search of a Freelance Writer to assist in the development of newsletters and special interest stories.

The District anticipates needing approximately 5-8 hours per week at a rate of $40-$50/hour depending on qualifications and experience. The successful candidate will have experience and/or training in journalism, excellent time management skills, the ability to write with a flair and demonstrated success as evidenced by publication history.

Letters of interest should be directed to:
ATTN: Michael Brennan, School Business Manager
Ichabod Crane Central School
PO Box 820
Valatie, NY 12184

Substitutes for 2020-2021

We are seeking Teacher and Teaching Assistant Substitutes for the 2020-2021 school year. A High School diploma is required.

The rates for teachers are:

      • Uncertified teacher – $100/day
      • Certified teacher – $115/day
      • Teaching Assistant – $90/day
      • Certified Teaching Assistants – $95/day

Please send your letter of interest, resume and application through OLAS. If mailing or dropping off substitute applications to the Ichabod Crane District Office, please address to the following staff members:

ATTN: Amy Boothby
Ichabod Crane District Office
2910 Route 9
Valatie, NY 12184

Substitute Teacher And Teaching Assistant Application 

Send substitute non-instructional applications to:
ATTN: Angela Cowan
Ichabod Crane District Office
2910 Route 9
Valatie, NY 12184

Substitute Non-Instructional Support Staff Application

What Do I Need to be a Substitute Teacher or Substitute TA?
-A high school diploma or equivalent
-Enjoy working with children (or teens depending on the grade level)!

What Do I Need to be a Substitute Secretary or Greeter?
-High school diploma or equivalent
-Good multi-tasker
-Proficient computer knowledge

Substitute School Nurse Positions

Per-diem positions available. Please note a current New York State Nursing License is required.
Please apply through the Online Application System (OLAS) at www.olasjobs.org

Address your letter of interest on OLAS to:
Lucas Christensen, Assistant Superintendent
Ichabod Crane Central School District
2910 Route 9
Valatie, New York 12184-0137
(518) 758-7575

Pay rate $25 / Hour

Minimum Qualifications

      1. Graduation from a School of Nursing approved by the State Education Department from a course approved by such department as qualifying for Registered Professional Nurse.
      2. New York State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse. Possession of License is required at time of appointment.
      3. First Aid / CPR Certification


Substitute Bus Drivers

Substitute Bus Driver Application