The increasing availability of online teaching and learning resources comes with concerns regarding student data, privacy, and student work. As a district, we have a responsibility to ensure that student’s data and privacy are adequately protected while using online digital resources for school work.
Learn more about data and security rights at NYSED’s Data Privacy and Security website.
What if your student’s data is breached?
Parents/guardians, eligible students, principals, teachers, and district employees may file a complaint about a possible breach or improper disclosure of student data or protected teacher or principal data. To file a complaint, contact District Privacy Officer, Lucas Christensen, at 518-758-7575 (Ext. 3009) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents/guardians, eligible students, principals, teachers, and district employees can request information about third-party contractors by contacting District Privacy Officer, Lucas Christensen via email at email@example.com
Ichabod Crane Parents Bill of Rights
Programs Acquired Through BOCES
Questar III BOCES Privacy Agreements
Questar III BOCES privacy agreements can be found online by clicking here.
Google (Gsuite and Google Classroom)
Brain Pop Jr
Reading A to Z
World Book – Advanced Reference
Programs acquired by the Ichabod Crane Central School District
Click the names of the programs below for their privacy agreements.
Education Law 2-D Definitions
- Educational agency: A school district, a board of cooperative educational services, school, or the education department.
- Personally identifiable information: Information as defined in Section 99.3 of Title 34 of the code of federal regulations implementing the family educational rights and privacy act, Section 1232 G of Title 20 of the U.S> code, and, as applied to teacher or principal data, means “personally identifying information” as such term is used in Subdivision 10 of section 3012-C of this chapter.
- School: Any public elementary or secondary school, a universal pre-kindergarten program authorized pursuant to Section 3602-e of this chapter, an approved provider of preschool special education, any other publicly funded pre-kindergarten program, a school serving children in a special act school district as defined in Section 4001 of this chapter, an approved private school for the education of students with disabilities, a state-supported school subject to the provisions of Article 85 of this chapter, or a state-operated school subject to the provisions of Article 87 or 88 1 of this chapter.
- Student: Any person attending or seeking to enroll in an educational agency
- Eligible student: A student 18 years or older
- Parent: A parent, legal guardian, or person in parental relation to a student
- Student Data: Personally identifiable information from student records of an educational agency
- Teacher or principal data: Personally identifiable information from the records of an educational agency relating to the annual professional performance reviews of classroom teachers or principals that are confidential and not subject to release under the provisions of Section 3012-C of this chapter.
- Third-party contractor: Any person or entity, other than an educational agency, that receives student data or teacher or principal data from an educational agency pursuant to a contract or other written agreement for purposes of providing services to such educational agency, including but not limited to data management or storage services, conducting studies for or on behalf of such educational agency, or audit or evaluation of publicly funded programs. Such term shall include an educational partnership organization that receives student and/or teacher or principal data from a school district to carry out its responsibilities pursuant to Section 211-e of this title and is not an educational agency as defined in paragraph c of this subdivision, and a not-for-profit corporation or other non-profit organization, other than an educational agency.